Joomla! is the content management system (CMS) that Urban Driftwood uses to manage the content of websites we develop. What is Joomla? Take a look at this overview of the Joomla! CMS.
- Easy to maintain when a site gets large.
- Easy to update information.
- Easy to add new website content including text, pictures, and video.
- All content can be managed by the site owner or website developer (without HTML knowledge or other software).
- Can provide specific content to different website visitors.
- Requires more expertise to setup.
- Requires software updates
While the setup of a content management system can take more time, it is possible to streamline the process by using design templates and content that is ready for the website. What this means for the majority of businesses is the total setup and annual operating cost of a Joomla CMS website will be significantly less expensive while providing your customers a more complete online experience.
Since content management systems are constantly being updated to improve security, fix issues and add new features it's important to keep your CMS up to date with the most recent version. Most hosting providers expect the customer to do all the updates themselves, even the host that install the CMS for you. At Urban Driftwood we include these updates in our hosting package, so you pay a fixed amount every year for the hosting of your CMS.